Jasa Marga in Brief
To support the economic growth, Indonesia needs reliable road network. Based on Government Regulation No. 04 of 1978, the Government established PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk. on 01 March 1978 with the main task to plan, build, operate and maintain toll roads along with the facilities so that toll roads are able to function as highway providing more benefits compared to the non-toll roads.
At an earlier stage of its establishment, besides functioning as operator, the Company also had the responsibility of toll road authority in the country. Until 1987, Jasa Marga was the only toll road operator in Indonesia and its development is financed by the Government with fund deriving from foreign loan and the issuance of Jasa Marga bonds. As the country’s first toll road operated by the Company, Jagorawi (Jakarta-Bogor-Ciawi) Toll Road that is operated since 1978 serves as the milestone in the development of toll road industry in Indonesia.
At the end of the 80s, the Government of Indonesia began to include private sectors to participate in toll road development through the Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) mechanism. In the 90s, the Company’s role is more on the authority, facilitating private investors most of whom failed to realize their project. The toll roads that were taken over by the Company include JORR and Cipularang.
The issuance of Law No. 38 of 2004 on Road replacing Law No. 13 of 1980, along with the issuance of Government Regulation No. 15 giving more specific regulations on toll roads have brought changes in toll road business mechanism, which among others include the forming of the Indonesian Toll Road Authority (Badan Pengatur Jalan Tol – BPJT) as the regulator of toll road industry in Indonesia, as well as the decision of toll tariff by the Minister of Public Works along with the adjustment every two years. Therefore, the authorization function is given back from the Company to the Government. Consequently, the Company fully functions as a toll road operator and developer that requires concession license from the Government.
1978 – 1987
- 1978 – Jasa Marga was founded as the single operator of toll road in term of management, maintenance, and network procurement
- 1978 – Jagorawi (Jakarta-Bogor-Ciawi) commenced operation
- 1979 – Rajamandala Toll Brigde commenced operation and was returned to the government in 2003
- 1981 – Tallo Lama Toll Road (Ujung Pandang) commenced operation and was handed over to PT Bosowa Marga Nusantara for management in 1995
- 1981 – Wonokromo Toll Bridge (Surabaya) commenced operation and was returned to the government in 1986
- 1982 – Kapuas Toll Brigde commenced operation and was returned to the government in 1991
- 1982 – Mojokerto Toll Brigde commenced operation, but was returned to the government in 2003
- 1984 – Jakarta-Tangerang Toll Road commenced operation
- 1983 – Semarang Section A Toll Road (Srondol - Jatingaleh) commenced operation
- 1985 – Ir. Sedyatmo (Airport) Toll Road commenced operation
- 1986 – Belawan Medan Tanjung Morawa Toll Road commenced operation
- 1986 – Surabaya-Gempol-Mojokerto Toll Road commenced operation
1987 – 2004
- 1987 – Cawang-Semanggi Inner City Toll Road commenced operation
- 1987 – Semarang Section B Toll Road (Jatingaleh-krapyak) commenced operation
- 1988 – Jakarta-Cikampek Toll Road commenced operation
- 1989 – Semanggi-Grogol Inner City Toll Road commenced operation
- 1991 – Padalarang-Cileunyi Toll Road commenced operation
- 1995 – Jakarta Outer Ring Road of Pondok Pinang-Lenteng Agung commenced operation (by PT Marga Nurindo Bhakti)
- 1996 – Jakarta Outer Ring Road of Pondok Pinang-Lenteng Agung commenced operation (by PT Marga Nurindo Bhakti)
- 1998 – Palimanan Kanci Toll Road commenced operation
- 1998 – Semarang Section C Toll Road (Jangli-Kaligawe) commenced operation
- 1999 – Serpong-Ulujami Toll Road (Serpong-Bintaro Viaduct) commenced operation
- 2003 – Jakarta Outer Ring Road was operated by PT Jalan tol Lingkar luar Jakarta (subsidiary of Jasa Marga)
- 2003 – Cipularang Phase I Toll Road (Padalarang bypass and Dawuan-Sadang) commenced operation
2004 – Present
- 2005 – Cipularang Phase II Toll Road (Sadang-Padalarang Utara) commenced operation, Jakarta-Bandung is connected through toll road
- 2006 – Jakarta Outer Ring Road (Taman Mini-Jati Asih section) commenced operation
- 2006 – Surabaya-Gempol Toll Road, Porong-Gempol Lane is closed due to mud incident
- 2007 – akarta Outer Ring Road of Rorotan-Ulujami (4,5km) commenced operation
- 2007 – PT Jasa Marga (Persero) Tbk became public company through IPO (initial Public Offering) and registered its shares in Indonesia Stock Exchange
- 2008 – Bogor Ring Road Toll Road was operated by PT Marga Sarana West Java, a subsidiary of Jasa Marga
- 2009 – Suramadu Toll Bridge was operated by Jasa Marga, Surabaya-Gempol branch
- 2011 – Surabaya-Mojokerto Section IA Road Toll Road was operated by PT Marga Nujyasumo Agung, a subsidiary of Jasa Marga
- 2011 – Semarang-Solo Phase I, Semarang-Ungaran Lane Toll Road was operated by PT Trans Marga Jateng, a subsidiary of Jasa Marga
- 2012 – Implementasi e-Toll Pass
- 2013 – The initiation of Nusa Dua-Ngurah Rai-Benoa Toll Road (Bali Mandara Toll Road) and W2 North JORR (Kebon Jeruk Toll-Ciledug.
- 2013 – Forming of PT Jasamarga Property
- 2014 – The initiation of Semarang-Solo toll road (section 2 Ungaran-Bawen segment), ogor Outer Ring Road (section 2A Kedung Halang-Kedung Rhinos) and JORR W2 North Toll Road (Ciledug-Ulujami segment).
- 2014 – Winning o concession tender on Kualanamu-Medan-Tebing Tinggi Toll road.
- 2014 – Signing of the operation of Surabaya-Madura Toll Bridge.
- 2015 – The accquisitions of Solo-Ngawi, Ngawi-Kertosono, and Cinere-Serpong Toll road.
- 2015 – The operation of Gempol-Pandaan Toll road.
- 2015 – Forming of PT Jasa Layanan Operasi.
- 2016 – Operation of Surabaya-Mojokerto section 4: Krian-Mojokerto toll road.
- 2016 – Winning tender of Batang-Semarang, Balikpapan-Samarinda, Manado-Bitung dan Pandaan-Malang Toll Road.
- 2016 – Integration of Jakarta-Brebes Toll road.
- 2017 - The operation of Semarang-Solo Toll Road for Bawen-Salatiga Section
- 2017 - The operation of Medan-Kualanamu-Tebing Tinggi Toll Road for Kualanamu- Sei Rampah Section.
- 2017 - The operation of Gempol-Pasuruan Toll Road for Gempol-Rembang Section.
- 2017 - The operation of Surabaya - Mojokerto Toll Road for Sepanjang-Krian Section.
- 2017 - Winning the HPJT tender and the signing of the PPJT Jakarta-Cikampek II Selatan which was an initiation project from the Company and Probolinggo- Banyuwangi.
- 2017 - The operation of the toll road through cashless transactions in line with the 100% of National Cashless Movement (GNNT) Program.
- 2017 - The Emission of Bonds I for Marga Lingkar Jakarta of 2017 as part of Jasa Marga’s subsidiary PT Marga Lingkar Jakarta’s project bond for JORR W2 NorthToll Road (Kebon Jeruk-Ulujami).
- 2017 - The Income Securitization for Jagorawi Toll Road through the Public Offering of Collective Investment Contract (CIC) of Mandiri JSMR01 Asset-Backed Securities (ABS).
- 2017 - Alternative issuance of Global Rupiah Bonds with the name Komodo Bond listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and Singapore Exchange (SGX).
- 2018 - Jasa Marga launched the Limited Participation Mutual Funds (RDPT) and Investment and Infrastructure Funds (IIF).
- 2018 - The divestment of Minority Subsidiary Entity of Jakarta Lingkar Barat I (JLB).
- 2018 - The operation of Solo-Ngawi Toll Road.
- 2018 - The operation of Bogor Ring Road Toll Road (BRR) of Kd. Badak-Yasmin (Section 2B).
- 2018 - The operation of Ngawi-Kertosono Toll Road.
- 2018 - The operation of Gempol-Pasuruan Toll Road.
- 2018 - The operation of Medan-Kualanamu-Tebing Tinggi Toll Road for Tanjung Morawa-Parbarakan Section.
- 2018 - The operation of Semarang-Batang Toll Road.
- 2018 - The operation of Semarang-Solo Toll Road for Salatiga-Kertosuro Section.